Hurricane protection without replacing your existing garage door
- Provides protection against up to 180 mph winds (dependent upon the quality, condition type of material used in the fabrication of your garage door).
- Much less expensive than hurricane-resistant garage doors and garage door shutters
- More effective than retrofitted horizontal garage door braces
- Can be set up in three minutes or less should a hurricane threaten
- Does not attach permanently to the garage door; stores inconspicuously and conveniently out of the way
- Does not require a building permit for purchase or installation
- May qualify you for some type of homeowners insurance discount
- Fits almost all garage doors
- Lightweight, requires no maintenance
- An important component of home hurricane protection that cannot be overlooked
How it Works:
- Reinforces the garage door and provides an anchor and support in addition to the garage door tracks
- Exceeds ASTM E330 and SBCCI retrofit wind speed standards.
- Patented with a unique telescoping design that enables the brace to fit almost all garage doors.
- Brackets attach to hinges to keep the door from blowing in or being sucked out and are adjustable to permit the brace to be installed on doors with horizontal braces.
- The brace is anchored into the wall above the garage door, into the garage floor, and to each hinge, providing the necessary reinforcement of the garage door tracks.
- Made of high-quality aircraft-grade aluminum that is lightweight yet incredibly strong; each brace weighs less than 15 pounds.
- Selected by the University of Florida for their Windstorm Training Center hurricane-resistant model homes (Davie, Fort Pierce, St. Augustine and Escambia, FL) and by Hurricane Warning for display in their Disaster Survival House in Deerfield Beach, FL.
- Does not remain permanently attached to the garage door.
- A Secure Door vertical brace is pictured to the left on the inside of a typical 70 mph non-wind loaded steel door.
Installation and Storage:
Secure Door is designed for do-it-yourself installation by most homeowners. Set up and installation requires an electric drill, a” masonry bit, a 5/16 inch socket driver, a crescent or socket wrench, a hammer, scissors or utility knife, and a single blade screwdriver. The set-up and installation of the first brace typically can be completed in about 45 minutes with additional braces taking less time. A handyman or service can be hired usually at a very reasonable cost if the homeowner does not wish to install the brace(s).
Once the initial installation is complete, Secure Door is removed until needed. When not in use, only the top bracket (attached to the wall above the garage door) and the bolts for the floor anchor remain permanently in place. The floor anchor bolts fit flush and inconspicuously out of the way on the garage floor. After the initial installation is complete, each Secure Door brace can be put in place should a hurricane threaten (and subsequently taken down) in less than three minutes.
The price is $210.00 per brace (tax included) plus shipping. Local pickup is also available in the Boca Raton area.
Get the protection and peace of mind you and your family deserve.
Make your garage door a Secure Door